We like to have our guests and group members around!
However, if you really have to go away, we have to know that you are not around. This is for four main reasons:
- The secretaries can efficiently distribute office space.
- To calculate that the time you spend away from CERN does not exceed “acceptable” limits (as defined below).
- In case something important happens that we need to inform you about.
Policy concerning absences for CERN TH Visitors
- If you are receiving a per diem allowance for a short visit, you are in principle not supposed to go away at all: neither to give seminars nor to attend a conference elsewhere. You are not entitled to “holidays” during that time;
- If you are on a per diem allowance for a longer visit, you may take some leave to give or attend seminars and take part in conferences, but the total period of absence should not exceed 10% of the time that has been allocated to you. Please note that during your absence, you should still be incurring local expenses to be covered by the per diem. Furthermore, you are not supposed to take any holidays;
- If for some reason you have to be away in excess of what has been mentioned above, we ask you to notify the secretariat so that the corresponding days can be subtracted from your allowance;
While the above are our general guidelines, exceptional individual cases can always be discussed with the TH Group Leader.
We are grateful for your co-operation in this matter. If you have any questions or if you come across any problems, do not hesitate to contact the secretariat.